Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Running out of time.

Okay just so you know, majority of the blog posts will be from Andrea, (Hi, yes it's me) seeing as I will be doing majority of the little details in Malaysia.

Paul's living in Perth, working very hard as a lawyer in an Intelectual Property firm. The last thing he would be able to do is continuously update this blog.

I on the other hand, use social media as a part of my job, and will be more than happy to share this part of my life with all of you.

Pictures will be uploaded on this blog, along with updates on how things are progressing. As of now, I have completed the following:

1. Assigned a wedding planner :: Jovian Mandagie (check!)
2. Double-triple checking the final draft of the invitations, done beauuutifully by Victor @ Magenta.
3. Paid the deposit on the Ballroom -- JW Marriott.
4. Met up with Kim Shia, Event Manager at the Marriott, to decide on the ballroom layout today.
5. Did the math -- and the numbers are escelating. Eeep!

Okay you can tell I'm not quite half done, I don't know what my wedding gown looks like yet, I haven't finalised the guestlist, I haven't chosen flowers. Oh I have the colours decided, its White, Cream and Gold.

Thus far this is the plan:

On the 23rd of July, Paul flies into KL. We will then travel down to Singapore for the weekend, and I will be celebrating my Hens Night in Singapore Style. (Best Maids Baba and Fei Ho, are still awaiting my response on the theme. Ladies I promise to get to you as soon as possible. Maybe via this blog, who knows?). We'll be going to Bintan on Sunday, for two nights, before going back to KL Wednesday, to spend time with Adeline (my eldest sister) who will be flying in that morning as well as Natasha and Lena. Wednesday night will be at Uncle Patrick's Damansara Seafood Village for dinner, (mmm!) and will spend Thursday recovering from all the crab I'd have consumed, and then Friday would be the Church Wedding Ceremony at Assumption Petaling Jaya. This will be followed by a lunch reception (venue TBC - yes I'm that horribly behind time), and that's where we'd do the Tea Ceremony. Saturday would be the Banquet Dinner at the JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur.

For my Australian friends, I will be elaborating on all the above in posts to come.

For now, I need to:

1. Get a florist
2. Get the stage design
3. Get a quotation for the stage design
4. Get my hair sorted out (A Cut Above would be the only choice?)
5. Make-up
6. Arrange the pre-wedding shoot
7. Get a production house for the pre-wedding videos
8. Get a venue for the lunch reception on the 30th.
9. Send out invitations -- dear Lord I have to get them printed first??
10. Get going to the gym more. o_0

All that on top of training Nadine for Miss Universe in August, putting together the frameworks for next year's Miss Universe Malaysia... Yes. Running out of time.

Can't wait though. :)

2 comments:

  1. congratulations on your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats babe!!
    Hey my mum is a florist. She's my in house florist too! :) Need some help there?? :)

    Rachel from TP, LEO
    017 33 10007

    ReplyDelete